There is no better way to see the world than to move through it, taking your time. These once-in-a-lifetime journeys will stay with you forever.
Make your next trip magical as you explore:
- Over 200 journeys illustrated with inspiring photography and maps
- Experiential text to transport the reader there; descriptive, narrative and full of story
- Practical information (duration, difficulty, start and end point, options to take an organized tour – if available – or go it alone).
- Sustainable and slow travel options have been covered where possible
- Feature boxes give the routes context
- Alternative ways to make the same journey and similar trips are pulled out
Organized by type of trip – cruises, road trips, train rides, and journeys by two feet and two wheels, each chapter follows the same geographical order with chapter maps showing every country covered. Each section covers a different way to travel the world and is broken down by continent. Whether you want to explore the Atlas Mountains or Torres del Paine on foot; drive the Pan American Highway or cross the Australian Outback; cycle from the top to the bottom of Africa or enjoy a leisurely ride across The Netherlands’ bulb fields; go interrailing around Europe or board the Orient Express; island hop in Greece or the Philippines: these journeys will stay with you forever!